Typical Masseria with cheese or pasta and bread laboratory and taste
Let yourself be fascinated by the genuine sensations that you can enjoy in a typical Masseria and discover all the activities that are part of the authentic everyday life. I will show you all the places that characterize an ancient Masseria and we will experience together the sensations that came from ancient perfumes like the smell of fresh milk and recent backed bread.
You will visit:
- The authentic “Masseria” and the new building recently refurbished.
- The Typical “Trulli” – traditional drystone huts –that are famous all over the world.
- The family’s private old church built in 1825.
- The cheese factory where a wide array of fresh cheese such as mozzarella, ricotta, burrata and also seasoned cheese like caciocavallo are produced. I will explain to you all the process that characterize the cheese production and we will visit the fridge-cells where different cheeses are preserved.
- The wood-fired oven where bread, pasta, friselle and typical taralli pugliesi are baked daily. I will tell you how all these products are produced, from the wheat to the backing process.
- The stables with over 350 cows, horses and donkeys. I will explain to you how the milking process works. We’ll also see some veal that will be happy to be petted on the head.
- The Restaurant where you’ll taste local fresh products produced directly in the Masseria (cured meats, cheese, oven baked products, wine)